Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: 1.9.7, 1.9.10, 2.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Filter: Timeline widget
The syntax to embed a timeline, using a static XML is:
title = Important inventions
date = 1870
intervalUnit = CENTURY
- "Why square brackets?", http://bitbucket.org/nfreear/moodle-timelinewidget/src/tip/filter.php#cl-36
- Code and Readme: http://bitbucket.org/nfreear/moodle-timelinewidget/src
- Zip - contains Timeline libraries, v2.30 (BSD license), and example XML: http://bitbucket.org/nfreear/moodle-timelinewidget/get/tip.zip
- Screenshot & question on forum, http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=58038
- It's a filter for the present, though I may look at turning it into a full module.
- I've started off with the code at Bitbucket - I'm happy to import into Moodle CVS.
- I've named it 'Timelinewidget' to differentiate it from the Timeline course format.
- It needs some internationalization work - I'll do that shortly.
- AFAIK, the previous attempt to integrate SIMILE Timeline in 2006, came to nothing - http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=58038 .
I hope this proves useful. Let me know if you have questions or feedback.
Thanks for your time,