Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: 2.5.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Block: Configurable report
A new filter to allow selection of one or more groups in Configurable Reports. Allows separate group teachers within a single course to see only their own students, without seeing other students in the course. Also allows a teacher (or other role with appropriate permissions) to select from several groups that user is a member of.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a course with two groups, with a student in each group, one teacher (Mr. Solo) in one group, and a second teacher (Mrs. Dual) in BOTH groups.
2. Create any report, such as list all students.
3. Apply the Group filter to the report.
4. Log in as Mr. Dual and view the report. Ensure that he sees students from both groups.
5. As Mr. Dual, select one group, then the other, and ensure the filtered report shows each group correctly. Bonus points if Mr. Dual can select several (but not all) groups at once. I'm not sure if the filter engine supports that or not.
6. Log in as Mr. Solo and view the report. Ensure that he only sees his students by default, and that the only option in the filter dropdown is his group.
7. Security bonus: As Mr. Solo, use an exploit (such as tweaking GET parameters or editing the HTML form) to select a group he should not see. Ensure that the report generator does not display student information from other groups.