Affects Version/s: 2.6.2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Block: Navbuttons
First some praise; we really like your navigation buttons block! It really solved a problem for us. Thanks!!
Now, our issue
We're on Moodle 2.6.2+ and I'm seeing an issue where we backup a course and then restore it into a new course and the instance_create() function doesn't appear to be firing. I say this because debug logging I put into the function doesn't get called when I perform the restore AND because there are no settings returned when I run 'select * from mdl_navbuttons where course=NEWIDNUM;' on our database for the newly restored course.
The fix appears to be editing the navbuttons and clicking save which forces a write to the database. However, this isn't scalable as we have master courses that we create and then clone many times for use by our students.
One hack that I'm investigating is to put a check to see if settings exists in the get_content() function and to create default DB entries if they don't exist, but, this is obviously a hack
Any thoughts on this one? Anyone else having this issue? I've also tested and reproduced this in Moodle 2.5.2+.
steps to reproduce:
1. create course shell
2. add navbuttons block
3. configure navbuttons block for this shell
4. validate navigation buttons appear and work as expected
5. verify db entries 'select * from mdl_navbuttons where course=IDNUM;'
6. backup shell
7. restore shell to new course
8. enter new shell
9. attempt to use navigation buttons and see that they're not properly there
10. look for db entries 'select * from mdl_navbuttons where course=NEWIDNUM;' and see that they're not there