While using the collapsed topics format and the boost theme, when a teacher turns editing on in a course an Edit link appears immediately to the right of the title for each activity or resource. In various circumstances, the placement of the Edit link is such that when the Edit menu is expanded the menu list is cut off by the left side of the screen. This can occur both with the boost navigation pane visible or collapsed. Points of impact:
- Label resources - Regardless of label content the Edit menu always displays on a line under the label content, left aligned. (https://www.screencast.com/t/SlqRPDAc)
- Forum activities - If the teacher has forum tracking enabled in their user preferences and there are unread posts, the combined length of the forum title and unread post notification forces the Edit menu to a second line. (https://www.screencast.com/t/WkpLhJO6H)
- Advanced (Moodlerooms) Forums - When the "Display recent posts on course page" setting is enabled (which is the default value) and the forum contains one or more posts, the Edit menu displays on a line under the recent posts, left aligned. (https://www.screencast.com/t/iiiAKU4qKE3)
- Any other activity or resource with a title long enough that it must wraps a word to a second line. (https://www.screencast.com/t/BKjata7d)
STEPS TO REPLICATE
- Set the site theme to Boost.
- Create a new course.
- Enroll a two users in the course, one as a teacher and one as a student.
- Login as the teacher and go to Preferences > Forum preferences.
- Set Forum tracking to "Yes: highlight new posts for me".
- Enter the course and turn on editing.
- Add a label with any content.
- Add a forum with a somewhat lengthy title.
- If installed, add an Advanced Forum. Ensure that the setting "Display recent posts on course page" is selected.
- Login as the student and make a post to the forum and the advanced forum.
- Return to the course as the teacher and turn on editing.
- Expand the edit menu next to each activity.
The edit menu is cut off by the left side of the screen for each activity.
The edit menu is able to be expanded with all menu options visible.