The theme plugin that inherit boost theme doesn't get booststrap style like boost theme.
Since we have a lot of themes that inherit from the Boost theme.
It's impractical to override the format_topcoll method(as Gareth suggest in the comment in issue
CONTRIB-6954) in every single themes.
- Install theme that inherit from boost theme.
- Use the theme from step 1.
- Create a course with "Collapsed Topic" course format.
- Go to the course.
- Compare difference between two theme in course collapse sections by switch theme between Boost and child theme.
- Inspect <ul class="ctopics topics row"> element in browser.
- List element in Boosts theme classes like <li class="section main clearfix col-sm-12 col-md-12 col-lg-12">
- List element in child theme have the classes like <li class=""section main clearfix span12">
The use of format_topcoll_renderer::$bsnewgrid
Suggest fix at renderer.php: 81