In previous versions of Moodle, I would update a SCORM package by:
1. remove the reference to the SCORM package
2. Save changes
3. reference the SCORM package
4. Save changes
This would reset everything, if the structure changed, it would reflect the changes.
In Moodle 1.8 I'm having a difficult time updating the packages. I have tried everything and it doesn't seem to update the structure. All sorts of weird things are happening like, the structure is labeled as the old structure, but the links to the files are the new structure. Anything I try does not produce the result desired.
Furthermore if I change the frequency of the update to Every time it's used it and the SCORM package doesn't even load up the structure of the package. So that seems to be broken too.