Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-11722

Scorm reports the wrong number of attempts

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Trivial
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.8.2
    • Fix Version/s: 1.9.1
    • Component/s: SCORM
    • Labels:
      None
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_18_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_19_STABLE

      Description

      There is a discrepance in scorm courses, perhaps when you have more than one scorm in the course. When viewing the scorm objects, or when editing a scorm, there is a link that says

      "View reports for X attempts". that X does not correspond to the attemps, it is the number of unique students that have participated in the scorm activity.
      To be straight to the point, i have 3 users that made a total of 5 attempts, but the link says "View reports for 3 attempts". When i click it, i see all 5 attempts

      is this a bug or a wrong string? (maybe it should say view reports for 3 users)

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

            Hide
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment -

            assigning to me - similar bug that I had in the choice module, shouldn't be too hard to fix.

            Dan

            Show
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment - assigning to me - similar bug that I had in the choice module, shouldn't be too hard to fix. Dan
            Hide
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment -

            adding Koen, - do you know how the other languages interpreted this? - should I create a new string in en_utf8\scorm.php like this:

            $string['viewalluserreports'] = 'View reports for $a users';

            or can I change the existing string:
            $string['viewallreports'] = 'View reports for $a attempts';
            to this:
            $string['viewallreports'] = 'View reports for $a users';

            thanks,

            Dan

            Show
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment - adding Koen, - do you know how the other languages interpreted this? - should I create a new string in en_utf8\scorm.php like this: $string ['viewalluserreports'] = 'View reports for $a users'; or can I change the existing string: $string ['viewallreports'] = 'View reports for $a attempts'; to this: $string ['viewallreports'] = 'View reports for $a users'; thanks, Dan
            Hide
            koen Koen Roggemans added a comment -

            Hi Dan,

            I grepped for this all langpacks and it is translated in a lot of languages allready. So I prefer to put a new string in, since then it can be spotted and corrected in the translations. I suggest to keep the original (wrong) string, but correct the English for backward compatability.

            Show
            koen Koen Roggemans added a comment - Hi Dan, I grepped for this all langpacks and it is translated in a lot of languages allready. So I prefer to put a new string in, since then it can be spotted and corrected in the translations. I suggest to keep the original (wrong) string, but correct the English for backward compatability.
            Hide
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment -

            now in 1.9Stable and HEAD

            Show
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment - now in 1.9Stable and HEAD
            Hide
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

            Verified. Closing. Thanks!

            Show
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - Verified. Closing. Thanks!

              People

              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:
                  Fix Release Date:
                  15/May/08