We now can place blocks in mymoodle and blogs page and tag pages. We used to list the number of block instances of each block in the admin blocks page and link to the course search page, which in turn displays all the courses with these blocks installed. So it used to be that the number of instances == number of instances in courses. After fixing
MDL-11167 we discovered the problem of non course instances being referenced. I have taken out the number of non course blocks as a temporary measure, however it gives somewhat an inaccurate picture of the number of each blocks system wide.
1) we add another column to show ALL instances, and keep the existing column and rename it to "course instances" and keep the link
2) we listing the accurate number of all block instances, but only put a link if there are at least one course with this block installed. On the course search page, we just display the courses with the block installed. So the page might say 3 instances but with no links.