Affects Version/s: 1.8, 1.9, 2.0
Affected Branches:MOODLE_18_STABLE, MOODLE_19_STABLE, MOODLE_20_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_19_STABLE, MOODLE_20_STABLE
Was this a Google Summer of Code project? - these ad hoc developers need to gain basic accessibility awareness, and their work needs serious code review (http://docs.moodle.org/en/Student_projects/AJAX_course_format).
1. A bug in lib/ajax/ajaxcourse.js main_class.prototype.mk_button function - the second FOR loop should test "c<imgAttributes.length" NOT "c<attributes.length" (nothing to do with accessibility),
2. None of the buttons created in section_classes.js or block_classes.js have ALT text. Some have a TITLE, but this is inconsistent.
3. Where possible the ALT text needs to be specific - for example "Move section N". (the container TITLE can be just "Move" - awkward for IE).
4. The ALT text for the show/hide buttons should toggle between "Show ..." and "Hide ..."
6. For the buttons, the container is sometimes an 'a' anchor, sometimes a DIV - need consistency - should it be an <input type="image" .../> ?
The attached patch address items 1-4 (do 5 separately). A new parameter 'text' is added to the main_class.prototype.mk_button method. Tested in Firefox and IE 6.
I'd like to get quick feedback, then commit to HEAD and 1.9 branches.