Steps to reproduce
0. create a new empty course
1. create a new scale and name it e.g. "3 Nuts for Cinderella" (put an integer as a first part of the name)
2. create two new assignments - let us call them A and B
3. set maximum grade for the assignment A to 10 points
4. set the scale "3 Nuts for Cinderella" as a grading method of the assignment B
5. grade some submissions in both assignments
4. go to the grade book and see the total number of points in the header
What I expected to see
Total points is 10 - because of assignment A. Scale grades are displayed but do not influence the total points.
What actually happened
Total points is 13. Assignment A has maximum grade 10 points. Assignment B is considered to have maximum grade 3 points. Even students with 10 points from assignment 10 and the best scale item from assignment B can not reach 100% of points; they still have only 10 points of 13.
This happens always when the scale name may be casted into non-zero integer number.