Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 1.8.2, 1.8.3, 1.8.4, 1.8.5, 1.8.6, 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Assignment (2.2)
Affected Branches:MOODLE_18_STABLE, MOODLE_19_STABLE
Steps to reproduce the loss of teacher comments on Online Text assignment:
1. Create Online Text assignment with the option "Comment Inline" set to Yes.
2. Tick the option "Allow quick grading" and click "Save preferences".
3. With any submission, click on the Grade link, which displays the submitted text in a pop-up window. Make changes inline and click Save changes.
4. The pop-up window closes but does not transfer any text from the changes just saved into the corresponding "comment" field.
5. Click "Save all my feedback" at the bottom of the screen
6. Click the "Update" link on the same submission. When the pop-up window displays, none of the inline comments you made previously have been retained.
I'm not entirely sure what the solution should be. It seems that "comment inline" and "quick grading" are not very compatible, so maybe only one of those options can be enabled at one time?