Reproducing the bug:
Tested in browsers: Opera 9.6 and FF3 (not tested in IE)
STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM:
1. As Teacher create new workshop activitiy
2. Set password for it and enable password
3. Login as Student and try to access this workshop
4. Password box appears. We type in the password.
5. CLICK (do not submit data pressing enter key, click!) on 'Continue' button.
WHAT WAS EXPECTED:
6.1 Form is submited.
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS:
After reviewing the code I realized that the 'Continue' button has onclick event:
<input type="button" value="Continue" onclick="document.password.submit();" />
that should submit form named 'password'. This does not happen since form is defiend only with id tag:
<form id="password" method="post" action="view.php">
Proposed and working solution to a problem would be to add 'name' attribute to this form:
<form id="password" name="password" method="post" action="view.php">
This solution works in both browsers listed above.
Greetings to all moodlers,
MDL-19092 Workshop password login page incomplete/broken