We have found a reproducible bug within the Course Restore and Reset functionality. The bug causes any assignments associated with the Course to have their Due Date set oddly. For example, if Course A starts on 11/1/2008 and is restored into Course B, then Course B is reset to start on 1/1/2009, Assignment A which originally started on 12/23/2008 would now start at 3/12/2000 under Course B.
Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. Login as an administrator
2. Create a sample course (Course A) that starts on 11/1/2008, with one assignment that starts on 12/23/2008.
3. Take a backup of the Course A in step 2 (backup.zip).
4. Create a new course (Course B) that starts on 11/1/2008. Assign an instructor to the course.
5. Login as the instructor in step 4, and restore backup.zip to Course B.
6. Reset Course B to start on 1/1/2009
7. Look at the details of the lone assignment. It should have a due date of 2/23/2008 (or around that date). Instead, it has a due date of something far in the past, such as 3/12/2000.
Please let us know if there is a workaround, as this is holding up teachers from completely restoring a course. Thanks!