Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 1.9.2
Fix Version/s: None
When students create links to images found in other resources, like in a database, the images appear fine in Wiki Edit mode, but only the alternate text shows up in View mode. Strangely, disabling CamelCase for the wiki allows the images to display, which means that the CamelCase must be looking at URLs as well as text. If there is a way to exclude URLs that are placed in a wiki page from CamelCase qualification, that might solve the issue.
A little background on the method students are using to insert images:
Students upload pictures to a database and then use the database entry web address in their wiki, with these directions:
1. Create or save your image as a jpeg file. This seems to work the best.
2. Click on the "Add Entry" tab below.
3. Click on the Browse button and select your image.
4. You will now see your picture listed in the database as a hyperlink. Right-click on the hyperlink and select "Copy Link Location." This places the picture link from this database onto your clipboard.
5. Go to your wiki.
6. Click on the "Edit" tab and in the icon bar, select the "Insert Image" icon (picture of mountain).
7. In the Image menu, paste the URL into "Image URL," provide an alternative text and you are done!!! The image should appear when you close the image window.