It is critical for us that trainers only be able to view their own group of students within the Bronze medallion surf life saving course online in Moodle.
We had no issues or problems with this until we upgraded to 1.9.3 from 1.8 Now trainers see all learners when they select Grades. As each trainer has a group of about 15 and the list is 260 stuendts long it is creating a high level of frustration.
Additionally, the drop list of all participants and individual groups is missing from the gradebook screen. This results in the trainers being unable to access their group at all.
Trainers are set up with 'viewallgroups' unset.
In the participants list at course level they see only their own group - the problem resides solely in the gradebook.
Both of these bugs were listed as being resolved in V1.9 Is there something else we need to do?
Steps to recreate.
1. Edit teacher role to unset or deny 'viewallgroups'
2. Create a teacher
3. Assign the teacher to a group within a course
4. View participants - they will see only the group that is theirs
5. Select Grades - they will see all the students in the course, including groups other than theirs. They should see only their own students' grades.
6. They will not have the drop list to manually select only their own group - they should see the drop list.