Hi, yes, I completely forgot that our css was not updated there!
I think I found more bugs. Well, some of them are things that need interface improvement. Here are my notes (Please let me know if I should post them somewhere else or create separate tickets).
1. Non-graded Assignment and Quizzes are getting displayed in the gradebook, and they look like being included into aggregation in the Cat&Items interface (Other activities behave definitely. E.g. If Forum is not graded, it does not appear in the gradebook as a column. Which for me is an expected behavior)
- Add an Assignment. Set it to No Grade. Column will still appear in the gradebook. Now go to the Cat&Items interface. It will display Max Grade for that column to be 100 points. (Though it will not be actually included into the calculation)
- Add an Assignment. Set it to be graded on a scale (scales are NOT included in aggregation for us). Maximum Grade in the Cat&Items interface will display some number (e.g. 3, if there are 3 items in a scale). It is confusing, since one would now expect that 3 to be calculated toward course/category total.
- Add a quiz, add some questions, and make the quiz to be worth 0 points. Maximum Grade in the Cat&Items interface will still be 10 points (or 100). Interestingly enough, I can manually delete a gradebook column for this kind of quiz.
I think it
MDL-14017 is related
2. Once you add a category and set Aggregation method to Sum, it defaults to be worth 100 points (even though this category can have nothing inside). Those 100 points are included in the calculation of the course total, so students are getting penalized for nothing.
Is it possible to default Max grade to 0 points in such case?
3. Weird "extra credit "check mark, if the Course Total is set to Sum aggregation
When I look on the Cat&Items interface, it looks fine (no extra credits marked anywhere). Then, I click Edit icon near the name of any category, and it has the Extra Credit checkbox marked.