Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-19864

Database: Excel export of URL field produces file with garbled text

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • 1.9.5, 2.0.3
    • 2.1
    • None
    • MOODLE_19_STABLE, MOODLE_20_STABLE
    • MOODLE_21_STABLE
    • MDL-19864_database_excel_export
    • Hide

      Start with MDLQA-964 - if you are adventurous try exporting the Modules and Plugins database as an xls and see what happens. Actually I tried exporting as CSV and ODS and also had problems with both of those. Peace - Anthony

      Show
      Start with MDLQA-964 - if you are adventurous try exporting the Modules and Plugins database as an xls and see what happens. Actually I tried exporting as CSV and ODS and also had problems with both of those. Peace - Anthony

    Description

      I'm not sure what Excel needs to have done in order to export the URL. It would be good to have both the URL and the text associated with it if autolink is selected. Currently the export function (defined in /mod/data/field/url/field.class.php) returns the text of the URL concatenated with a space and then the text of the field. If an introductory space is added then things work fine in Excel however it is not an active hyper link in the excel file at that point. I'll ask in the developer forum to see if anyone else has any insights and then work toward a patch. Peace - Anthony

      Attachments

        Issue Links

          Activity

            People

              andyjdavis Andrew Davis
              aborrow Anthony Borrow
              Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)
              Rajesh Taneja Rajesh Taneja
              Amaia Anabitarte, Bas Brands, Carlos Escobedo, Laurent David, Raquel Ortega, Sabina Abellan, Sara Arjona (@sarjona)
              Votes:
              2 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:
                1/Jul/11