We have developed 2 tools which allow to do mass actions on multiple resources and activities.
Toolbar was the first version, and it appeared in every course site once you click Turn Editing on. Later we have converted it to the Block format, which is more flexible, can be added on as-needed basis, and has more functionality.
1) Mass Actions Block - 1.9 and 2.0. We actively develop and support this block.
- select multiple items one-by-one, select all, select all in section(s), deselect all
- with those: indent/outdent, hide, show, delete move to a section
- 1.9 version: Download "massaction.zip" (12 kB) file uploaded and attached to this ticket on 27/Feb/10 3:04 AM. You do not need to get any other files.
- 2.0 version: Download the latest code from https://github.com/hqhoang/moodle-block_massaction
2) Mass Actions Toolbar - 1.9 only. We do not develop/support the toolbar patch anymore.
- select multiple items one-by-one
- with those: hide, show, delete, move to a section
- 1.9 version: Download "updated patch October 26, 2009.txt"(24 kB) file which is attached to this ticket. You do not need to get any other files.
The Mass Actions block allows instructors to perform actions upon multiple resources or activities, rather than having to perform repeated actions on individual items.
Supported actions include mass selection, indentation, deletion, hiding, showing, mass moving. To select items to perform actions on, simply click the checkbox to the right of it in the course home page or use select functionality, then click the action you would like to perform in the block.
If you have any suggestions or bug reports, please add to this ticket.