This patch changes the look and the courses sortorder of the myMoodle page to a semester / term based sortorder.
This patch is based on the idea and parts of the code of: "Moodle 1.9.x course overview semester sorting"
Vienna University of Technology
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Hruska
Dipl.-Ing. Mag. rer.soc.oec. Katarzyna Potocka
1. Courses will be ordered by semester or in moodle standard sortorder. Here's a link for the user to switch at the top of the page.
2. The choice of the sortorder is session persitent stored, with respect of a "user change" (useful for pool computers), for any user:
- a) via cookie (similar of how it is done in the side blocks on the myMoodle Page) or
- b) as a user preference in the database
the latter overlasts a browserchange....
3. The courses latest activity can be hidden via a [+/-] Button in the semester based view
(as it is also done in the side blocks on the myMoodle Page) - session persitent via cookie.
4. The month belonging to the winter-/summer semester are configurable.
5. An "important admin notice" can be shown on any myMoodle Page, regardless to the sortorder.
6. all of the above can be switched on/off and configured via the central adminstration page of the myMoodle Page
1. apply the attached patch to: my/index.php and settings/appearance.php (the latter is optional and if omitted the defaults can be easily changed in my/index.php)
2. copy the lang file(s): EN: my_hub.php.en_utf -> lang/en_utf8/my_hub.php / DE: my_hub.php.de_utf -> moodledata/lang/de_utf8/my_hub.php)
3. apply the css (my_hub.css) to your theme.
4. configure: ? Administration / ? Appearance / ? My Moodle