the patch looks ok:
1) it shows password policy message in the signup, in the change password and in the user edit-advanced pages. Ok IMO.
2) it uses a central function print_password_policy() to dynamically create message contents. Perfect.
Anyway, I've been talking with Helen a bit about the contents of the message to be showed and we have agreed that, perhaps, showing the "error messages" isn't the best alternative.
So we have thought something like this:
1) Create, for each errorXXXX string one parallel informXXXXX string
2) Concatenate all the informXXXX strings in 1 (exactly like now is being done with errorXXX strings (with commas ?)
3) Create another string, call it, "informpasswordpolicy" with contents: "Your password must have $a"
4) Pass the results of 2 as parameter to 3
That's all, the resulting string in 4) will be the one to be printed. That way we keep error/notification strings separated and can handle them to be more human-natural readable.
Once done, the idea is to commit it next Wednesday (after next weekly build), so Helen will have one week to test it / adjust the strings...
Thanks and ciao