Hi, just trying to gather more information somewhere for our discussion later, this is not a real bug report.
- did the navbar code went through some accessibility review? (screenreaders, keyboard only navigation, etc)
- is it possible to disable it for some ppl with special needs?
- navbar blocks may now contain information/tools that are not available from anywhere else, how does it work on pages that do not support blocks? (worst example resource with frames)
- does it have to be only on sides? some theme designers want it on top (no idea how would that fit the rest of stuff in the page header area)
- are ppl going to understand the concept of navbar intuitively?
- can themes say they do not want/support navbar?
- it would be nice to make the navbar an extra block region, that would require major changes in blocks UI I am afraid
- in CSS layout when all the blocks from one side are moved to navbar how do we collapse the empty column?
- why only some blocks may be in navbar
4/ general blocks issues
- we do not have new UI for latest changes Tim did in blocks internals
- blocks API is a bit aged
- frontpage and mymoodle dashboard should be migrated to 3 column blocks only layout