Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-23720

German umlauts in iplookup

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.9.9, 2.0
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0
    • Component/s: General, Other
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Moodle 2.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.4 Server
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_19_STABLE, MOODLE_20_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_20_STABLE

      Description

      Hi Petr,

      did you try this? I got the cvs update for MDL-23695 and it works in Moodle 2.0 now. I don't know if the problem with the german umlauts is a coding problem.

      But searching the ip=194.149.241.3 or the ip=80.132.146.152 still shows a different sign instead of Düsseldorf. The german umlaut ü is shown as a questionmark. Sorry, I send a wrong ip into the tracker.

      The file GeoLiteCity.dat is not coded with utf-8. I tried to open it with Textwrangler for Mac OS X and it seems to be iso-8859-1.

      Ralf

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            skodak Petr Skoda
            Reporter:
            krause Ralf Krause
            Tester:
            Nobody
            Participants:
            Component watchers:
            Adrian Greeve, Jake Dallimore, Mathew May, Mihail Geshoski, Peter Dias, Adrian Greeve, Jake Dallimore, Mathew May, Mihail Geshoski, Peter Dias
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:
              Fix Release Date:
              24/Nov/10