Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-23808

In the Arialist theme, no closing brace in settings.css causes additional CSS files to crash

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Trivial
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Themes
    • Labels:
      None
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_20_STABLE

      Description

      I have been playing around with using SyntaxHighlighter to insert code into questions. It was working fine with the Fusion theme, however, I switched to arialist (for the sake of performance), and even after I added the CSS files for SyntaxHighlighter into arialist, by appending them to the bottom of $THEME->sheets in Arialist's config.php, it still would not work. The javascript for SyntaxHighlighter was loading correctly though, just not the CSS.

      I searched around, scrolled through the generated CSS coming out of Moodle, and found that there was no closing brace before the SyntaxHighlighter CSS was inserted! I then looked at settings.css in the theme's style folder, and sure enough, there was no closing brace. I put the closing brace in, and SyntaxHighlighter worked like a charm!

      I know there's also probably a better way to implement Syntax Highlighter, but I just thought I'd share this.

      You can get SyntaxHighlighter here: http://alexgorbatchev.com/SyntaxHighlighter/

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              epsd John Stabinger
              Reporter:
              paulhenry Paul Henry
              Tester:
              Nobody
              Participants:
              Component watchers:
              Amaia Anabitarte, Bas Brands, Carlos Escobedo, Sara Arjona (@sarjona), Víctor Déniz Falcón
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: