Hi Martin and Petr,
I have fixed the issue with user images not being synced via MNet during SSO. During the work, I have noticed several other bugs in MNet SSO so I fixed them, too. The final patchset consists of 5 commits and you can see them at https://github.com/mudrd8mz/moodle/compare/cvshead...MDL-25367_mnet_user_images
Works in Moodle 2.0 -> Moodle 2.0 and Moodle 2.0 -> Mahara 1.3 MNet setups. Moodle 2.0 is not able to sync images with 1.9 sites via MNet at the moment. That must be fixed in 1.9.11 (the reason is that 1.9 relies on f1.jpg contents of which never changes. This is not true any more because of optimization we perform on images and file api storage). Also, a patch for Mahara must be prepared so that their users can roam to Moodle 2.0. But these two can wait IMHO.
I would really like to see this patchset in Moodle 2.0 as the fixes are pretty important. Please review and approve. TIA