Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-26863

SCORM API Interactions Log ignores the type of API actually loaded: it always adds to log "Moodle SCORM 1.2 API Loaded"

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.2
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.3
    • Component/s: SCORM
    • Labels:
      None
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_20_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_20_STABLE

      Description

      See http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=171195.

      It is a regression introduced in mod/scorm/datamodels/debug.js.php where:

      AppendToLog("Moodle SCORM 1.2 API Loaded, Activity: <?php echo $scorm->name; ?>, SCO: <?php echo $sco->identifier; ?>", 0);

      is called regardless the type of RTE actually loaded.

      I'm working at a patch proposal, starting to evaluate if we could revert to the approach used in 1.9 where mod/scorm/datamodels/scorm_1?.js.php is charged for the right AppendToLog() call.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

            Hide
            matteo Matteo Scaramuccia added a comment - - edited

            Find my patch proposal in https://github.com/scara/moodle/commit/77e889a0ef0afaa99182db58dc8a4fe701d70ba4
            It removes the regression by merging the right behaviour of mod/scorm/datamodels/scorm_1?.js.php from 1.9.

            Show
            matteo Matteo Scaramuccia added a comment - - edited Find my patch proposal in https://github.com/scara/moodle/commit/77e889a0ef0afaa99182db58dc8a4fe701d70ba4 It removes the regression by merging the right behaviour of mod/scorm/datamodels/scorm_1?.js.php from 1.9.
            Hide
            matteo Matteo Scaramuccia added a comment -

            Test case for the proposal:

            1. Download "Diagnostic SCO for SCORM runtime", both SCORM 2004 and 1.2 packages, from http://www.ostyn.com/standards/scorm/samples/proddingSCOwrap.htm#download;
            2. Create a Course;
            3. Create two new AICC/SCORM activities using the two packages above;
            4. Activate API debug and tracing;
            5. Launch the Activity and look at the Debug window, SCORM API Activity Log section, at the 1st row to check the related API loaded message.
            Show
            matteo Matteo Scaramuccia added a comment - Test case for the proposal: Download "Diagnostic SCO for SCORM runtime", both SCORM 2004 and 1.2 packages, from http://www.ostyn.com/standards/scorm/samples/proddingSCOwrap.htm#download ; Create a Course; Create two new AICC/SCORM activities using the two packages above; Activate API debug and tracing; Launch the Activity and look at the Debug window, SCORM API Activity Log section, at the 1st row to check the related API loaded message.
            Hide
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment -

            Thanks for the report/patch Matteo - nice to see your first git patch! - for future fixes it might be helpful to prefix your branch name with the moodle version it relates to - (don't change it now as the Pull request has already been filed)

            eg: m20_ or m19_ etc etc.

            thanks!

            Show
            danmarsden Dan Marsden added a comment - Thanks for the report/patch Matteo - nice to see your first git patch! - for future fixes it might be helpful to prefix your branch name with the moodle version it relates to - (don't change it now as the Pull request has already been filed) eg: m20_ or m19_ etc etc. thanks!
            Hide
            matteo Matteo Scaramuccia added a comment -

            OK, understood: feedbacks are always welcome ! Will do starting from the next time.
            I spent a bit of time to search for a convention (see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=168094#p740124) and I realized it was required when the bug needs to be addressed in more than one version.
            BTW, for the future I will adopt:

            {m19,m20,mNN}_[wip_][<Tracker ref>_]<branch goal short description>

            Show
            matteo Matteo Scaramuccia added a comment - OK, understood: feedbacks are always welcome ! Will do starting from the next time. I spent a bit of time to search for a convention (see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=168094#p740124 ) and I realized it was required when the bug needs to be addressed in more than one version. BTW, for the future I will adopt: {m19,m20,mNN}_[wip_][<Tracker ref>_]<branch goal short description>
            Hide
            tsala Helen Foster added a comment -

            This issue is fixed in the latest 2.0.2+. Thanks Matteo and Dan.

            Show
            tsala Helen Foster added a comment - This issue is fixed in the latest 2.0.2+. Thanks Matteo and Dan.

              People

              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                0 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:
                  Fix Release Date:
                  5/May/11