Moodle 2.0.2 restricts access to server to one hostname specified in $CFG->wwwroot and generates a redirect page with confusing error message.
Moodle 1.9.7 does not do this.
1) install moodle with $CFG->wwwroot = "http://www.example.com/moodle";
2) access moodle with http://example.com/moodle
3) moodle displays text in error string wwwrootmismatch and redirects to wwwroot.
WHAT WAS EXPECTED:
Moodle should not restrict using multiple hostnames (ServerAliases) for various purposes:
1) hostnames with and without "www."
2) having an internal dedicated hostname which is always accessible, even when the "canonical" hostname that students are using is redirected via DNS to some place else.
3) shared moodle setup, etc
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS:
A working 1.9.7 URL schema with multiple hostnames is now broken.
Can you please remove this restriction or at least explain why this kind of restriction is necessary and implement a config option to turn it off?