Moodle
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-27032

XLS export of logs is printing incorrectly

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.2
    • Fix Version/s: STABLE backlog
    • Component/s: Administration
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      MAMP
    • Database:
      MySQL
    • URL:
      /course/report/log/index.php?id=1
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_20_STABLE

      Description

      While looking into MDL-27031 I found that the xls downloads for reports were printing incorrectly. I searched for an existing ticket but could not find one.

      Steps to reproduce:
      1) Navigate to Site Admin -> Reports -> Logs
      2) Change the 6th dropdown to 'Download in Excel Format' and select the 'Get these logs' button.
      3) Open the xml file and find bad / missing data.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Activity

          Glenn Ansley created issue -
          Hide
          Glenn Ansley added a comment -

          Attached xls to ticket.

          Show
          Glenn Ansley added a comment - Attached xls to ticket.
          Glenn Ansley made changes -
          Field Original Value New Value
          Attachment logs_20110330-0956.xls [ 23431 ]
          Hide
          Helen Foster added a comment -

          Glenn, thanks for your report. Increasing priority and hoping that this issue can be fixed soon.

          Show
          Helen Foster added a comment - Glenn, thanks for your report. Increasing priority and hoping that this issue can be fixed soon.
          Helen Foster made changes -
          Labels triaged
          Assignee Martin Dougiamas [ dougiamas ] moodle.com [ moodle.com ]
          Fix Version/s STABLE backlog [ 10463 ]
          Priority Minor [ 4 ] Critical [ 2 ]
          Component/s Administration [ 10050 ]
          Component/s Other [ 10063 ]
          Hide
          Glenn Ansley added a comment -

          Helen,
          I spent some time looking at this today but have to stop. I got as far as determining that the $str variable (which holds the data that's missing in the downloaded file) gets lost somewhere inside the t3lib_cs::conv() method. Specifically in my case, I'm losing it when it gets passed through the iconv() function on line 631 of lib/typo3/class.t3lib_cs.php

          This is new territory for me as far as the moodle script and the iconv function. I have a suspicion that this isn't the source of the problem though. If I bypass that function and try to just return the original $str (with its correct value) the script still fails to deliver what I'd expect.

          I'll come back to this later this week, but maybe someone else with some more insight will see this in the meantime

          Show
          Glenn Ansley added a comment - Helen, I spent some time looking at this today but have to stop. I got as far as determining that the $str variable (which holds the data that's missing in the downloaded file) gets lost somewhere inside the t3lib_cs::conv() method. Specifically in my case, I'm losing it when it gets passed through the iconv() function on line 631 of lib/typo3/class.t3lib_cs.php This is new territory for me as far as the moodle script and the iconv function. I have a suspicion that this isn't the source of the problem though. If I bypass that function and try to just return the original $str (with its correct value) the script still fails to deliver what I'd expect. I'll come back to this later this week, but maybe someone else with some more insight will see this in the meantime
          Hide
          Nikhil Gupta added a comment -

          Hi Glenn,
          I didnt find the problem in the downloaded xls file,it seems to be perfect one ,no data is missing.Can you explain it little bit more why the problem and when its occuring..

          Show
          Nikhil Gupta added a comment - Hi Glenn, I didnt find the problem in the downloaded xls file,it seems to be perfect one ,no data is missing.Can you explain it little bit more why the problem and when its occuring..
          Martin Dougiamas made changes -
          Workflow MDL Workflow [ 69001 ] MDL Full Workflow [ 76251 ]
          Ankit Agarwal made changes -
          Fix Version/s STABLE Sprint 22 [ 12156 ]
          Assignee moodle.com [ moodle.com ] Ankit Agarwal [ ankit_frenz ]
          Ankit Agarwal made changes -
          Status Open [ 1 ] Development in progress [ 3 ]
          Hide
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

          Hi Glenn,
          I cannot reproduce this issue either. If it was a problem, seems to be fixed to me.
          Can you please confirm if this is still an issue for you or not, so that I can close it.

          Thanks

          Show
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment - Hi Glenn, I cannot reproduce this issue either. If it was a problem, seems to be fixed to me. Can you please confirm if this is still an issue for you or not, so that I can close it. Thanks
          Hide
          Glenn Ansley added a comment -

          Looks to be working. Thanks!

          Show
          Glenn Ansley added a comment - Looks to be working. Thanks!
          Glenn Ansley made changes -
          Status Development in progress [ 3 ] Closed [ 6 ]
          Resolution Cannot Reproduce [ 5 ]
          Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) made changes -
          Fix Version/s STABLE Sprint 22 [ 12156 ]

            People

            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: