Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-27717

Language Packs causing incorrect amounts to be sent to Authorize.net

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Blocker
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.9.11
    • Fix Version/s: 1.9.13
    • Component/s: Enrolments, Language
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      MoodleRooms hosting environment.
    • Database:
      MySQL
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      1) install language packs for Spanish - International, and Spanish - Mexico
      2) Force a course to use language pack for Spanish - Mexico
      3) Require the course to have a registration fee of greater than $0.0; for example $1.00
      4) configure enrollments to utilize (by default) the Authorize.net Payment Gateway
      5) attempt to register for the course; price is displayed as $1,00
      6) when purchasing the course, authorize.net should submit a request to the Merchant Account for $1 (not $100, as is currently occuring).

      Show
      1) install language packs for Spanish - International, and Spanish - Mexico 2) Force a course to use language pack for Spanish - Mexico 3) Require the course to have a registration fee of greater than $0.0; for example $1.00 4) configure enrollments to utilize (by default) the Authorize.net Payment Gateway 5) attempt to register for the course; price is displayed as $1,00 6) when purchasing the course, authorize.net should submit a request to the Merchant Account for $1 (not $100, as is currently occuring).
    • Workaround:
      Hide

      disabled the language packs as a short term solution.

      Show
      disabled the language packs as a short term solution.
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_19_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_19_STABLE
    • Pull from Repository:

      Description

      There are two examples of this bug:
      1) a posting to the forum: by Rob Rashotte - Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 12:47 AM
      I (Rob Rashotte) have several language packs installed on my moodle site and it appears that if someone selects a language that uses a comma for a decimal place holder that the amount of the transaction is misinterpreted by authorize.net.

      For example I have a course that costs $500 US.

      If someone is using the default language settings then $500.00 is displaced as the price of the course and is interpreted by auth.net as $500.00

      If Someone has the DE language pack selected (for example), the price is displaced as $500,00 but authorize.net is interpreting this as $500,00.00 or $50 Thousand dollars.

      2) and my installation of Moodle (via MoodleRooms), have experienced the same issue.

      We added a second course to our MoodleRooms site on Friday May 27, 2011. The new course is a 100% duplicate of the first course, except the course content has been translated into Spanish.

      So, as part of the configuration of the new course, we configured the Spanish course content to "Force" the users to use Spanish language pack. After configuring this everything seemed to work fine, EXCEPT, the price of the course changes from $99.00 to $9,900.00; so when students try to register for the class, their credit cards are being declined because of this higher price.

      The attached screen shot shows something we noticed when the Spanish Language pack is forced; the price of the course is DISPLAYED with a comma instead of a period after the "99".

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

                People

                • Votes:
                  4 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  3 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved:
                    Fix Release Date:
                    1/Aug/11