Details

    • Rank:
      16853

      Description

      When testing, a dyslexic test user was confused by the 'name' field for the event. They thought it meant they had to type their own name.

      Recommendation: change 'name' field to 'event title' or similar. Medium priority.

        Activity

        Hide
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

        Hi Helen,
        What do you think is an appropriate string for this case?

        Thanks

        Show
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment - Hi Helen, What do you think is an appropriate string for this case? Thanks
        Hide
        Helen Foster added a comment -

        Hi Ankit, 'Event title' sounds good to me. (I checked a few other places in Moodle and found 'Block title' used when adding a new HTML block.)

        Show
        Helen Foster added a comment - Hi Ankit, 'Event title' sounds good to me. (I checked a few other places in Moodle and found 'Block title' used when adding a new HTML block.)
        Hide
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

        Thanks Helen for the feedback.
        I have pushed changes accordingly.

        Show
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment - Thanks Helen for the feedback. I have pushed changes accordingly.
        Hide
        Rossiani Wijaya added a comment -

        Hi Ankit,

        This looks good. However, I think it needs amos script as part of the commit message.

        Show
        Rossiani Wijaya added a comment - Hi Ankit, This looks good. However, I think it needs amos script as part of the commit message.
        Hide
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

        Hi Rosie,
        Thanks for the review. Confirmed with Apu we need amos only for copy or move not for string change.

        Sending for integration.
        Thanks

        Show
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment - Hi Rosie, Thanks for the review. Confirmed with Apu we need amos only for copy or move not for string change. Sending for integration. Thanks
        Hide
        Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

        The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week.

        TIA and ciao

        Show
        Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week. TIA and ciao
        Hide
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

        Rebased

        Thanks

        Show
        Ankit Agarwal added a comment - Rebased Thanks
        Hide
        Sam Hemelryk added a comment -

        Thanks guys, this has been integrated now

        Show
        Sam Hemelryk added a comment - Thanks guys, this has been integrated now
        Hide
        Adrian Greeve added a comment -

        Checked on 2.2, 2.3 and master integration branches.
        The new event title is present in all the above versions.
        Test passed.

        Show
        Adrian Greeve added a comment - Checked on 2.2, 2.3 and master integration branches. The new event title is present in all the above versions. Test passed.
        Hide
        Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

        Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi sed saepe cadendo - Ovidio

        This issue has been integrated upstream and is now available both via git and cvs (and in some hours, via mirrors and downloads).

        Thanks!

        Show
        Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi sed saepe cadendo - Ovidio This issue has been integrated upstream and is now available both via git and cvs (and in some hours, via mirrors and downloads). Thanks!

          People

          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: