Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-27833

can't search courses with non-latin characters during importing from other courses

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.3, 2.1, 2.2
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.4, 2.1.1
    • Component/s: Backup
    • Labels:
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      Replication:
      1. Create two courses named "测试1" and "测试2"
      2. Enter either course and click "import" in settings block
      3. Type "测试" in the search box and click search button
      4. No course matched

      Show
      Replication: 1. Create two courses named "测试1" and "测试2" 2. Enter either course and click "import" in settings block 3. Type "测试" in the search box and click search button 4. No course matched
    • Workaround:
      Hide

      I made a patch at https://github.com/hit-moodle/moodle/commit/534eebdd355785d6669bb19c2e08eefb299fe2e0

      I've tested it by using English & Chinese words.

      Show
      I made a patch at https://github.com/hit-moodle/moodle/commit/534eebdd355785d6669bb19c2e08eefb299fe2e0 I've tested it by using English & Chinese words.
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_20_STABLE, MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_20_STABLE, MOODLE_21_STABLE

      Description

      Moodle is using PARAM_ALPHANUMEXT to filter the keyword. It should be PARAM_MULTILANG.

      In create/request course form, PARAM_MULTILANG is also used to filter fullname and shortname of courses.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

                People

                • Votes:
                  0 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  0 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved:
                    Fix Release Date:
                    1/Aug/11