There appears to be a discrepancy when testing grade exports on qa.moodle.net to my own test server.
Exporting grades to CVS and ODS works consistently.
When exporting to XLS format on qa.moodle.net, this results in a spreadsheet that contains numeric marks, but nothing else (no labels, names, email address or non-numeric marks). When I do the same export on my own server, it successfully produces the XLS file with the expected data.
- Log in as admin or teacher
- Enter a course containing assessment items
- In the Settings menu, expand Course administration and click Grades
- If there are no marks already present, click "Turn Editing on" and manually enter some grades, preferably including some non-numeric category grades
- If tabs are shown click Export then "Excel spreadsheet", otherwise select "Excel spreadsheet" under Export in the drop-down list at the top of the page
- Ensure that grade items are selected and click Submit
- A preview should be shown, note the content of the preview
- Click download
- Save/view the produced file