Moodle
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-28250

Incorrect link to Creative Commons

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2.4, 2.3.1, 2.3.7, 2.4.4, 2.5
    • Fix Version/s: 2.3.8, 2.4.5, 2.5.1
    • Component/s: Licensing
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      All
    • Rank:
      17912

      Description

      Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Licences > Manage licences

      The "Creative Commons - No Commercial" link is pointing to:
      http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/
      (Which is in fact Creative Commons - NoDerivs)
      It should be pointing to:
      http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

        Activity

        Hide
        Michael de Raadt added a comment -

        Thanks for reporting this.

        I've put it on our backlog and we'll try to get to it as soon as we can.

        Show
        Michael de Raadt added a comment - Thanks for reporting this. I've put it on our backlog and we'll try to get to it as soon as we can.
        Hide
        Dan Poltawski added a comment -

        Hmm, I had a look at this and although these licenses look like plugins, it seems they don't use the proper plugin architecture and don't upgrade

        Show
        Dan Poltawski added a comment - Hmm, I had a look at this and although these licenses look like plugins, it seems they don't use the proper plugin architecture and don't upgrade
        Hide
        Jim Tittsler added a comment -

        This bug also affects version 2.3.1.

        Show
        Jim Tittsler added a comment - This bug also affects version 2.3.1.
        Hide
        Wojciech Galiszek added a comment -

        Since licences are not implemented as a full plugin and they can not be
        upgraded, this bug is actually impossible to fix at the moment. A fix for the new installations for master branch is on github here:
        https://github.com/tmuras/moodle/compare/master...MDL-28250

        Show
        Wojciech Galiszek added a comment - Since licences are not implemented as a full plugin and they can not be upgraded, this bug is actually impossible to fix at the moment. A fix for the new installations for master branch is on github here: https://github.com/tmuras/moodle/compare/master...MDL-28250
        Hide
        Dan Poltawski added a comment -

        Thanks for your patch Wojciech. Since this issue has been hanging around for a long time, i'm going to fix it by doing a manual query to update the existing license url on sites..

        Show
        Dan Poltawski added a comment - Thanks for your patch Wojciech. Since this issue has been hanging around for a long time, i'm going to fix it by doing a manual query to update the existing license url on sites..
        Hide
        Dan Poltawski added a comment -

        Sending this for integration.

        As commented, I'm manually updating the license in SQL as making the plugin system do this is beyond the scope of this issue (and is one of reasons its taken so long).

        I've kept the license version numbers the same across branches. I'd discourage this for a proper plugins as it could create skipped upgrade steps, but I think it is OK for this.

        Show
        Dan Poltawski added a comment - Sending this for integration. As commented, I'm manually updating the license in SQL as making the plugin system do this is beyond the scope of this issue (and is one of reasons its taken so long). I've kept the license version numbers the same across branches. I'd discourage this for a proper plugins as it could create skipped upgrade steps, but I think it is OK for this.
        Hide
        Damyon Wiese added a comment -

        Thanks Wojciech and Dan for getting this ready.

        Integrated to 23, 24, 25 and master.

        The upgrade looks fine to me - they are not really plugins anyway.

        Show
        Damyon Wiese added a comment - Thanks Wojciech and Dan for getting this ready. Integrated to 23, 24, 25 and master. The upgrade looks fine to me - they are not really plugins anyway.
        Hide
        Rossiani Wijaya added a comment -

        This is working as expected.

        Tested for 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and master.

        Test passed.

        Show
        Rossiani Wijaya added a comment - This is working as expected. Tested for 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and master. Test passed.
        Hide
        Damyon Wiese added a comment -

        Thanks for your contribution! This issue has been reviewed, integrated, tested and now released to everyone.

        Closing as Fixed!

        Show
        Damyon Wiese added a comment - Thanks for your contribution! This issue has been reviewed, integrated, tested and now released to everyone. Closing as Fixed!

          People

          • Votes:
            4 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            8 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: