Affects Version/s: 2.0.3, 2.1
Component/s: Course completion
- Follow steps 1-5 as specified in the description.
- Now you should see years in the range 1970-2020 in the drop down
I've created a patch to work around this issue. This patch was created against Moodle Head however the code it affects did not change between Moodle 2.0.3 and 2.1. I've only been able to perform limited testing of the patch, but for my installation (Moodle 2.0.3+, no contrib modules) it works.
Affected Branches:MOODLE_20_STABLE, MOODLE_21_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
Not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour, if it's not a bug please refile this in the correct spot.
I am using completion tracking on my Moodle site. For one of the courses I need to mark all students as complete once a certain date in 2012 has passed. However, the Date section of the Completion Tracking page only allows me to select dates between 2000 and 2010.
Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Enable completion tracking for the site (under Site Administration -> Course Default Settings)
2. Create a new course and enable completion tracking for that course (under Course Administration -> Edit Settings)
- Creating a new course isn't mandatory, however the issue may be easier to test using a course with no students
3. Go to Course Administration -> Completion Tracking
4. Scroll down to the section labelled 'Date'
5. Click on the dropdown box labelled 'Year'
What was observed:
- A dropdown box appeared with a range of years spanning 2000 - 2010.
What was expected:
- A dropdown box containing a range of years spanning from a fixed year in the past (ie 1970) to a fixed year in the future (ie 2020).
- A dropdown box containing a range of years relative to the current year (ie current year +/- 5 years).
This issue affects all versions of Moodle 2.0 and 2.1.