Affects Version/s: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
Environment:Fully dedicated server 2.8GHz Intel Dual Core, 4GB RAM
Windows Server 2008 (x64) Web Edition, IIS7, PHP 5.3.6, MySQL 5.5.14
Firefox 5.0 (x86 en-GB), Firebug, FlashFirebug
Moodle 2.1+ (Build 20110713)
1/ enable you combo loading (enabled by default)
2/ view page source and copy yui combo loader url (fix amp;s)
3/ clear browser cache
4/ access the conbo url directly
5/ on some servers the QUERY_STRING is used on others error message is printed
Affected Branches:MOODLE_20_STABLE, MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_20_STABLE, MOODLE_21_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:w31_
Pull Master Diff URL:
yui_combo.php returns a 404 (file-not-found) error from line 32, due $parts variable being empty.
This may arise from Firefox/Firebug reporting "Failed to load source for: "<web site URL>, although the Moodle home page appears to fully load.
This issue was previously raised on 13th July in the forum at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=181123&mode=1
After administrator login, first level expandable menu administration items (>) are inactive, e.g.: Site pages, Reports, My profile, Front page settings, My profile settings, Site administration. Some items/pages are accessible with the Search function. When a page is found via Search, first-level menu items (>) are inactive.
On the first installation on this server (apparently successful, but actually not), when attempting to set up a SCORM activity, the editing page "could not find" the Repository plugin although the SCORM editing page otherwise appeared to be fully formed (this was the trigger for exploring this issue). This behaviour has not been examined on more recent installations, but is presumably the same as nothing else has changed.
This problem has PERSISTED:
1. Throughout 5 installations of Build 20110701 and Build 20110713 on this server, before giving up on bug tracing (my knowledge of YUI and the means of generating its parameters is limited).
2. The server was then REBUILT (ie the entire OS was reinstalled), to start with a virgin environment.
3. On installing Moodle, the Server checks page reported "Your server environment meets all minimum requirements".
4. Extensions for openssl and intl were added
5. On completion of installation, all items (14 pages - 170?) reported "Success". This is attached as a PDF.
1. Moodle 2.1 (Build 20110707) was installed without problem on a local test computer running Vista Business. I am quite happy with the local (Vista) installation. This issue has arisen when trying to set up a production server.
2. While my testing is with Firefox/Firebug, the same behaviour is evident with IE9.
3. Due to this problem I can't set up an administrator account for deeper review of this site, or change my operational admin password. If it is really necessary to go beyond the login page, or access the server itself, please email me.
4. This issue has been reported previously in
MDL-25867 and before, with a "Cannot reproduce" resolution.