Affects Version/s: 2.1.1
Fix Version/s: FRONTEND
The lesson settings for Max attempts is not working. It has 2 purposes. The most important is to make sure the student does not get caught on a page with no way to get out (they do not know the correct answer and keep going back to "This page"). The least important is when the max number of attempts is exceeded, then all scores for that question do not count from that point onward.
The score function seems to work but the primary function does not work. Further, It would appear that the Provide option for student review" is always turned on. This maybe over riding the max attempt setting.
- Create a Lesson with a multiple choice question. The correct answer jump should be next page and all wrong answers jumps set to "this page". I put a content page next.
- The Lesson settings should
- Practice Lesson "No"
- Custom score "yes"
- Allow retakes "yes"
- Flow control settings
- Allow student review "No"
- Provide option to try a question again "No"
- Maximum number of attempts "1"
- Display default feedback "No"
- Number of pages to show "0"
- Slideshow "No"
Expected result: a wrong answer to go to the next page and not receive a score.
Actually result: Asks if student would like to attempt the question again or continue. This is not the way it worked in earlier versions. While student can continue to try to answer the question, the only way they can get out is by saying they would like to "continue'. This is the same as if the "Provide option to try a question again is set to "Yes".