Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-29992

Convert the mod/glossary legacy filter to 2.0 one

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.2
    • Fix Version/s: 2.2
    • Component/s: Filters
    • Labels:
      None
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      NOTE: Testing this requires access to integration.git to switch/install from different branches.

      1) Install Moodle 2.1

      2) Enable the glossary filter @ admin (off but available) and set "Text cache lifetime" = No

      3) Create one new course, one glossary defined as global, and 1-2 glossary categories and 3-4 glossary entries some of them with aliases (keywords), all them linkable.

      4) Create one paragraph of text containing those words (categories, entries, aliases).

      5) Put he paragraph in various places:

      • One forum post in the same course
      • One forum post in another course
      • One label in own course
      • In the own course intro
      • In own course category description

      6) TEST: Initially those words won't be linked (because @ 1) we have added the filter but off by default).

      7) Enable the glossary filter in the 5 places where you have created the paragraph. It's not important if the links start to work or no, some of them will and others won't you can ignore it in 2.1.

      8) Verify that there are 6 records in the filter_active table with mod/glossary

      9) Upgrade to master (integration.git)

      10) Verify that there are 6 records in the filter_active table with filter/glossary and 0 with the old mod/glossary

      11) Verify that the links to entries, aliases and glossary categories work as expected: js popup for entries and aliases and glossary url for glossary categories. Note: Ignore the issue happening about accumulation of popups, if you click 3-4 different concepts. It's unrelated with this issue.

      12) Disable JS, verify all links continue working with the js ones now pointing to showentry.php urls.

      13) Play disabling and enabling the filter at different contexts, filter does its job accordingly.

      Show
      NOTE: Testing this requires access to integration.git to switch/install from different branches. 1) Install Moodle 2.1 2) Enable the glossary filter @ admin (off but available) and set "Text cache lifetime" = No 3) Create one new course, one glossary defined as global, and 1-2 glossary categories and 3-4 glossary entries some of them with aliases (keywords), all them linkable. 4) Create one paragraph of text containing those words (categories, entries, aliases). 5) Put he paragraph in various places: One forum post in the same course One forum post in another course One label in own course In the own course intro In own course category description 6) TEST: Initially those words won't be linked (because @ 1) we have added the filter but off by default). 7) Enable the glossary filter in the 5 places where you have created the paragraph. It's not important if the links start to work or no, some of them will and others won't you can ignore it in 2.1. 8) Verify that there are 6 records in the filter_active table with mod/glossary 9) Upgrade to master (integration.git) 10) Verify that there are 6 records in the filter_active table with filter/glossary and 0 with the old mod/glossary 11) Verify that the links to entries, aliases and glossary categories work as expected: js popup for entries and aliases and glossary url for glossary categories. Note: Ignore the issue happening about accumulation of popups, if you click 3-4 different concepts. It's unrelated with this issue. 12) Disable JS, verify all links continue working with the js ones now pointing to showentry.php urls. 13) Play disabling and enabling the filter at different contexts, filter does its job accordingly.
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_22_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_22_STABLE
    • Pull from Repository:
    • Pull Master Branch:

      Description

      While we have been supporting legacy filters and legacy locations till 2.2, it's time convert the legacy core glossary filter to proper one. That will:

      • fix problems like MDL-27961
      • allow to deprecate, ban and cleanup (along 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4) all the old filters stuff

      Ciao

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:
                  Fix Release Date:
                  5/Dec/11