Currently, in simple single discussion forum if user changes name and/or introduction of forum, then existing discussion subject and/or message gets updated with forum name and/or introduction.
Please check if this is a valid case, as we have separate setting for changing forum and discussion, hence they should not implicitly change each other.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in as an admin
- Enter a course and create a new single forum with the name and description `Test 1`.
- Save and display. Note the title and description of the discussion.
- Edit the forum and change the name and description to `Test 2`.
- Save and display. Note the title and description of the discussion has been changed as well.
- Create a new standard forum for general use forum
- Add two discussions
- Change forum type from standard forum for general use to simple single discussion forum
- Check discussion subject and message is replaced with forum name and introduction.
- Change forum type to standard forum for general use and it retains forum name and introduction for that discussion.