Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-31100

Unit test failure messages mangle UTF8

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.1.4, 2.2.1, 2.3
    • Fix Version/s: 2.1.5, 2.2.2
    • Component/s: Unit tests
    • Labels:
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      I am kind-of hoping that you can trust me that this fix is right. It solved my problem.

      If you really want to verify it, you need to make a failing unit test with UTF-8 characters in the failure message, then run the test, and make sure the characters come through OK.

      Show
      I am kind-of hoping that you can trust me that this fix is right. It solved my problem. If you really want to verify it, you need to make a failing unit test with UTF-8 characters in the failure message, then run the test, and make sure the characters come through OK.
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE, MOODLE_23_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE
    • Pull from Repository:
    • Pull Master Branch:

      Description

      I was seeing this when investigating MDL-24394.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

              Hide
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

              The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week.

              TIA and ciao

              Show
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week. TIA and ciao
              Hide
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

              Integrated, thanks!

              Show
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - Integrated, thanks!
              Hide
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

              And tested, luckily I got some UTF-8 tests failing when integrating MDL-31142, so I was able to see de difference (garbled before the patch and proper utf-8 after). Passing.

              Show
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - And tested, luckily I got some UTF-8 tests failing when integrating MDL-31142 , so I was able to see de difference (garbled before the patch and proper utf-8 after). Passing.
              Hide
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

              This is now available in the git and cvs repositories.

              Consider the responsibility of your fingerprints engraved there for future generations!

              Thanks for the work, closing, ciao

              Show
              stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - This is now available in the git and cvs repositories. Consider the responsibility of your fingerprints engraved there for future generations! Thanks for the work, closing, ciao

                People

                • Assignee:
                  stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)
                  Reporter:
                  timhunt Tim Hunt
                  Integrator:
                  Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)
                  Tester:
                  Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)
                  Participants:
                • Votes:
                  0 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  0 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved:
                    Fix Release Date:
                    12/Mar/12