I'm using LDAP authentication (against an OpenLDAP server), which works fine on both of my productins Moodle sites and my development site (v1.5 ALPHA, 2005043000). I've set both Update local data and Update external data to Yes for several fields. The local data update works fine - when the user logs in, I get the data from the LDAP server. When I change any of those fields in Moodle and try to update the profile, I get:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: () in www/moodle.dev/auth/ldap/lib.php on line 821
I've taken a peek at the code - line 821 in http://moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net/moodle/moodle/auth/ldap/lib.php is:
$ldapkeys = $array($ldapkeys);
The data gets updated correctly in the Moodle db.
The local data is updated correctly (until the next login ). My bind-user has the rights to make the changes.