Moodle
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-31665

breadcrumbs for course categories are broken

    Details

    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      Recreate course category structure as shown above, click on the categories, notice wrong breadcrumbs.

      Show
      Recreate course category structure as shown above, click on the categories, notice wrong breadcrumbs.
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_22_STABLE, MOODLE_23_STABLE

      Description

      On an up-to-date Moodle 2.2, breadcrumbs for course categories are broken.

      I've recreated this on a test Moodle. See the attached course-categories screenshot to see which categories there are and how they relate to each other.

      The wrong-breadcrumb screenshot shows the breadcrumb when going to the top-level "bar" category: the breadcrumb says "foo".

      This is perhaps related to MDL-30754.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            Brian King added a comment -

            Added screenshots and git links for a fix.

            Show
            Brian King added a comment - Added screenshots and git links for a fix.
            Hide
            Sam Hemelryk added a comment -

            Hi Brian,

            Thanks for reporting this and coming up with an initial solution.
            I've just been looking into this now, there were a couple of issues that I've linked that duplicate this issue.
            The patch you've come up with was a really good starting point, I will be purposing a solution shortly that takes what you've got a little further to fix a couple of other issues at the same time.

            Cheers
            Sam

            Show
            Sam Hemelryk added a comment - Hi Brian, Thanks for reporting this and coming up with an initial solution. I've just been looking into this now, there were a couple of issues that I've linked that duplicate this issue. The patch you've come up with was a really good starting point, I will be purposing a solution shortly that takes what you've got a little further to fix a couple of other issues at the same time. Cheers Sam
            Hide
            Sam Hemelryk added a comment -

            Hi Brian,

            Thanks for reporting this issue and putting up an initial patch.
            I've linked this issue to a couple of other issues that are reporting the same problem.
            In regards to your patch you are spot on in working out where the issue is coming in, I'll be purposing a patch shortly that tidies up the handling of category contexts within the navigation and the category pages.
            I noted several other issues while I was looking into this so my changes will address them at the same time.

            Hopefully this will resolved in the next week or two.

            Cheers
            Sam

            Show
            Sam Hemelryk added a comment - Hi Brian, Thanks for reporting this issue and putting up an initial patch. I've linked this issue to a couple of other issues that are reporting the same problem. In regards to your patch you are spot on in working out where the issue is coming in, I'll be purposing a patch shortly that tidies up the handling of category contexts within the navigation and the category pages. I noted several other issues while I was looking into this so my changes will address them at the same time. Hopefully this will resolved in the next week or two. Cheers Sam
            Hide
            Brian King added a comment - - edited

            The fixes for MDL-28967 resolve this issue for the 2.2 branch in my testing.

            Show
            Brian King added a comment - - edited The fixes for MDL-28967 resolve this issue for the 2.2 branch in my testing.
            Hide
            Chris Follin added a comment -

            We're experiencing this in 2.3.3.

            Show
            Chris Follin added a comment - We're experiencing this in 2.3.3.
            Hide
            Jason Fowler added a comment -

            I've tried to replicate this in the latest 2.3 build, and all builds after (2.4 and master) and can't seem to reproduce it. so I am assuming this has been fixed in all versions 2.3.6 onwards. Will leave this open for a little while to gather responses, before closing the issue.

            Show
            Jason Fowler added a comment - I've tried to replicate this in the latest 2.3 build, and all builds after (2.4 and master) and can't seem to reproduce it. so I am assuming this has been fixed in all versions 2.3.6 onwards. Will leave this open for a little while to gather responses, before closing the issue.
            Hide
            Chris Follin added a comment -

            I am able to reproduce this in 2.3.3 but not in 2.3.6. It must have been fixed somewhere between those two versions.

            Show
            Chris Follin added a comment - I am able to reproduce this in 2.3.3 but not in 2.3.6. It must have been fixed somewhere between those two versions.
            Hide
            Jason Fowler added a comment -

            Fixed by other issues it seems. Closing as Cannot Reproduce.

            Show
            Jason Fowler added a comment - Fixed by other issues it seems. Closing as Cannot Reproduce.

              People

              • Votes:
                5 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                6 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: