Details

    • Type: Sub-task Sub-task
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.2
    • Fix Version/s: 2.3, STABLE backlog
    • Component/s: Other
    • Labels:
    • Rank:
      38549

      Description

      There are a whole bunch of functions that were supposed to be deleted in 2.2, but are still present in the code. I couldn't find any existing issue to handle this situation.
      Attaching a simple diff that shows a FEW of them, this list should not be considered conclusive.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

          raising the priority to major, since this should really be fixed before 2.3 release IMHO

          Show
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment - raising the priority to major, since this should really be fixed before 2.3 release IMHO
          Hide
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

          Please note that most of the things reported here has been created as subtasks of the linked MDL.

          Thanks

          Show
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment - Please note that most of the things reported here has been created as subtasks of the linked MDL. Thanks
          Hide
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

          up for integration.
          Thanks

          Show
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment - up for integration. Thanks
          Hide
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

          This is a cleanup issue to remove remaining traces of xx_get_participants().
          No more instance of the function should be present in the core.
          Thanks

          Show
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment - This is a cleanup issue to remove remaining traces of xx_get_participants(). No more instance of the function should be present in the core. Thanks
          Hide
          Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

          The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week.

          TIA and ciao

          Show
          Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week. TIA and ciao
          Hide
          Dan Poltawski added a comment -

          Well, this patch is about modx_get_participants, which I was concerned about removing without debugging warning and had hoped we do a release with a debugging warning:
          http://moodle.org/local/chatlogs/index.php?conversationid=10149#c351133

          But we have already integrated removing some of these functions, so there is little point doing half and half, so we may as well do a clean cut.

          Ankit: please could you create a new bug to create an upgrade.txt to notify of this removal (and also now we change the changelog on moodle docs, please add it there).

          Show
          Dan Poltawski added a comment - Well, this patch is about modx_get_participants, which I was concerned about removing without debugging warning and had hoped we do a release with a debugging warning: http://moodle.org/local/chatlogs/index.php?conversationid=10149#c351133 But we have already integrated removing some of these functions, so there is little point doing half and half, so we may as well do a clean cut. Ankit: please could you create a new bug to create an upgrade.txt to notify of this removal (and also now we change the changelog on moodle docs, please add it there).
          Hide
          Dan Poltawski added a comment -

          I've integrated this now.

          Ankit, I noticed (after pushing) that the commit message didn't mention the function name being removed. It'd be great if you could add that for next time.

          Show
          Dan Poltawski added a comment - I've integrated this now. Ankit, I noticed (after pushing) that the commit message didn't mention the function name being removed. It'd be great if you could add that for next time.
          Hide
          Dan Poltawski added a comment -

          I've greped for use and this looks good.

          Waiting for new issue for upgrade.txt to be created before passing this test.

          Show
          Dan Poltawski added a comment - I've greped for use and this looks good. Waiting for new issue for upgrade.txt to be created before passing this test.
          Hide
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment -

          I have added this to the release notes http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_2.3_release_notes

          And had a talk with Dan, and we think changes to upgrade.txt is not needed.
          Thanks

          Show
          Ankit Agarwal added a comment - I have added this to the release notes http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_2.3_release_notes And had a talk with Dan, and we think changes to upgrade.txt is not needed. Thanks
          Hide
          Dan Poltawski added a comment -

          Thanks, passing.

          Show
          Dan Poltawski added a comment - Thanks, passing.
          Hide
          Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

          U P S T R E A M I Z E D !

          Many thanks for the hard work, closing this as fixed.

          Ciao

          Show
          Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - U P S T R E A M I Z E D ! Many thanks for the hard work, closing this as fixed. Ciao

            People

            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: