If the user has ajax disabled so the items in the navigation tree will be shown in wrong order
- create a course with two or more topic sections
- git each section an explicit section name e.g. January, February, March
- create module instances on each section e.g. File, Folder or an activity.
- Test the navigation tree. Expand each section. All things should look ok.
- move the section February one level higher so the order becomes February, January, March
- Now test the navigation tree again. Try to Expand each section. The items shown in the tree are wrong orderd.