In an advanced upload, when reviewing student submissions (overview of submissions), clicking on the "Notes" link displays the student's notes in a pop-up window, but the pop-up window has blocks and navigation and short page header.
If the teacher enters the submission's detailed view (by clicking "Grade"), the "Notes" is here again but this time it doesn't open in a pop-up: it opens in the main browser window and provides a "Continue" button which brings back to the previous page. Again, this page is not a full Moodle page as it has a reduced header section.
Our opinion is that this type of content is logically a pop-up and therefore should open in a pop-up window, and that this window should not contain any blocks or navigation.
- Create an Advanced upload assignment
- In the settings of the assignment, allow Notes
- Log in as a student and submit a file and add notes
- Log in as a teacher and view the submission in the submissions table
- Click on the link for notes and view the pop-up used
- Close this window
- Click on the link for grades
- Click on the link for notes on the grading page
- Note that this reloads the page