Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-32535

Regression: course completion report download shows {$a} unused placeholder when activities auto completion is set

    Details

    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      1. Restore the attached backup file as a new course.

      2. Turn editing on. Using source view or by inspecting the item, confirm the alt text for:
      a. The icon next to the first quiz. This should read 'The system marks this item complete according to conditions: The answer is 42'
      b. The icon next to the label. This should read 'Students can manually mark this item complete: Manual completion'

      3. Turn editing off. Enrol a test account into the course as a student. Log in as the test account.

      4. Confirm the alt text for:
      a. Icon next to the first quiz. 'Not completed: The answer is 42'
      b. Icon next to label. 'Not completed: Manual completion. Select to mark as complete.'

      5. Click the tickbox next to label to mark it complete. Confirm the new alt text: 'Completed: Manual completion. Select to mark as not complete.'

      6. Do the first quiz (it doesn't matter if you get it right or wrong). Answer it and click 'Submit all and finish'. Return to course page. Quiz should be ticked (current icon = red tick). Confirm alt text 'Completed: The answer is 42'

      7. Do the second quiz. Get it right. Return to course page - quiz should have green tick. Confirm alt text 'Completed: The answer is 42 (pass grade) (achieved pass grade)'
      NOTE: Confusing text here is because I put '(pass grade)' at end of activity name, sorry.

      8. Redo the second quiz and get it wrong this time. Quiz should have black X. Confirm alt text 'Completed: The answer is 42 (pass grade) (did not achieve pass grade)'

      9. Log back in as admin. Go to Reports / Activity completion. Save as .csv. Content should be:

      ,"Email address","The answer is 42","","The answer is 42 (pass grade)","","Manual completion",""
      "User 1","u1@x.x","Completed","Thursday, 19 April 2012, 1:52 PM","Completed (did not achieve pass grade)","Thursday, 19 April 2012, 2:40 PM","Not completed",""

      (Note that the status text 'Completed', 'Completed (did not achieve pass grade)', and 'Not completed' here do not have the activity names, which is the correct behaviour that this issue is initially about.)

      Show
      1. Restore the attached backup file as a new course. 2. Turn editing on. Using source view or by inspecting the item, confirm the alt text for: a. The icon next to the first quiz. This should read 'The system marks this item complete according to conditions: The answer is 42' b. The icon next to the label. This should read 'Students can manually mark this item complete: Manual completion' 3. Turn editing off. Enrol a test account into the course as a student. Log in as the test account. 4. Confirm the alt text for: a. Icon next to the first quiz. 'Not completed: The answer is 42' b. Icon next to label. 'Not completed: Manual completion. Select to mark as complete.' 5. Click the tickbox next to label to mark it complete. Confirm the new alt text: 'Completed: Manual completion. Select to mark as not complete.' 6. Do the first quiz (it doesn't matter if you get it right or wrong). Answer it and click 'Submit all and finish'. Return to course page. Quiz should be ticked (current icon = red tick). Confirm alt text 'Completed: The answer is 42' 7. Do the second quiz. Get it right. Return to course page - quiz should have green tick. Confirm alt text 'Completed: The answer is 42 (pass grade) (achieved pass grade)' NOTE: Confusing text here is because I put '(pass grade)' at end of activity name, sorry. 8. Redo the second quiz and get it wrong this time. Quiz should have black X. Confirm alt text 'Completed: The answer is 42 (pass grade) (did not achieve pass grade)' 9. Log back in as admin. Go to Reports / Activity completion. Save as .csv. Content should be: ,"Email address","The answer is 42","","The answer is 42 (pass grade)","","Manual completion","" "User 1","u1@x.x","Completed","Thursday, 19 April 2012, 1:52 PM","Completed (did not achieve pass grade)","Thursday, 19 April 2012, 2:40 PM","Not completed","" (Note that the status text 'Completed', 'Completed (did not achieve pass grade)', and 'Not completed' here do not have the activity names, which is the correct behaviour that this issue is initially about.)
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE
    • Pull Master Branch:
      MDL-32535-master

      Description

      The recent changes in strings completion-alt-auto-n and completion-alt-auto-y introduced some regressions in course completion report download, where now a unused "{$a}" placeholder is shown. such as "Completed: {$a}" or "Not completed: {$a}".

      A sample portion of the code shows we are not using the placeholder:
      $describe=get_string('completion-alt-auto-'.$completiontype,'completion');

      In in report/completion/index.php the following lines need to be changed:

      • 607
      • 636
      • 650
      • 675

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

                People

                • Votes:
                  0 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  1 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved:
                    Fix Release Date:
                    9/Jul/12