We need some PHP Unit tests that will check the consistency of the backups and restore.
This should be tested by generating small courses, backing them up and trying to restore them.
Those small courses should produce well-known issues/warnings/errors such as use of file references or file missing during backup/restore.
See http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-28346?focusedCommentId=175248&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-175248 6th bullet point for more about this issue.
- Test backup of course, activity, ...
- Test restore of course, activity, ...
- Test automated backups
- Test deletion of excess backups
- Test backup_general_helper::get_backup_information()
- Test backup_general_helper::get_backup_information_from_mbz()