- If you go to a course where course completion is enabled and set up
- Find the "Course completion status" block and click on "View site report".
- (Optional but saves time) choose one of the visible groups from the popup (eg "8732_2_02_Phill").
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Download in Excel-compatible format (.csv)."
- Inspect the resulting file.
What I get is attached and the pattern is the same whether you filter on a group or go with all participants. There are two problems:
a. There is no header row.
b. The first data row has a blank cell and everything else is shifted right by one cell.
Given the variability of this report (completely dynamic depending on whether any activity has a completion set on it), a CSV without header rows is useless so I'm disinclined to accept any argument along the lines that header rows are only a convention and not a required part of CSV.
Shifting the data right by cell one suggests "something else is going on" such as a call to output the header row not working and emitting a blank field. In any event, that really is a bug.
For the record, the UTF-8 variant has the same problem.