In course/lib.php on line 1716, the alt and title attributes can cause invalid HTML to be output because format_string() does not do anything to fix apostrophes in the text. The invalid HTML is occasionally causing layout glitches as a result. There are a number of simple obvious ways to fix it.
- Log in as admin
- Navigate to Settings > Site admin > Advanced features
- Enable completion tracking
- Navigate to a course
- Edit the course settings
- Set Completion tracking setting to Enabled...
- Create an activity and put an apostrophe (') in its name.
- Save the activity and return to the course page
- Mouse over the completion icon and note the tooltip