We upgraded our assignments with the Assignment upgrade tool in July and none of the previous Offline Assignments are displaying their grades and feedback comments when the teacher or student opens the assignment. We were on 2.3.1 (build: 20120719) at the time assignments were upgraded.
We have now upgraded to 2.3.2 and this problem has been fixed for newly upgraded assignments however the previously upgraded assignments are still missing their previous feedback or grade.
I've not been able to locate the previous grade but if the student views their User Report in Grades then the feedback is displayed (no grade still) and if the teacher clicks on the grade cell in Gradebook the tooltip that appears contains the feedback but this is not a user-friendly way to view the feedback and with long feedback not all of it is displayed.
This feedback needs to be made available in the assignment area.
1. Create an offline assignment in Moodle 2.2.
2. Grade a students assignment and type in some feedback.
3. Upgrade 2.2 to 2.3.1 (build 20120719).
4. Using the upgrade assignment tool upgrade the assignment created in step 1 above.
5. Update the assignment settings to include Feedback comments.
6. Open the assignment and view submissions - feedback will be missing.
7. Upgrade 2.3.1 to 2.3.2. (this fixed any newly upgraded offline assignments).
8. Assignment created in step 1 above is still missing feedback.
9. Open Gradebook and turn on editing.
10. Update a grade for this assignment here, the previous feedback is shown in the editor.
11. Go to the assignment area and feedback is still missing.