Details

    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      Optional setting to use screenreader for chrome browser:

      1. install and enable ChromeVox extention on chrome.

      Testing instructions:

      1. As admin, add login block on front page
      2. Purge all caches in Moodle
      3. Logout
      4. On Front page, login as a non-existence user

      On the next page, make sure the page focus is on 'invalid login' error message.

      Show
      Optional setting to use screenreader for chrome browser: install and enable ChromeVox extention on chrome. Testing instructions: As admin, add login block on front page Purge all caches in Moodle Logout On Front page, login as a non-existence user On the next page, make sure the page focus is on 'invalid login' error message.
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE, MOODLE_23_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_23_STABLE, MOODLE_24_STABLE
    • Pull from Repository:
    • Pull Master Branch:

      Description

      Issue
      Error Identification - The error message that occurs when a user types in incorrect info in the login (actually prompts a new page)...and the focus is not placed on the error message. Leaving a screenreader user to have to hunt for what has just happened.

      Standard Level
      WCAG 2 3.3.1 (A) http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/minimize-error-identified.html

      Impact
      Critical

      Example Link
      http://demo.moodle.net/

      Test Steps

      1. Enter a user name in the login block
      2. Enter the wrong password for the username
      3. The user is taken to a new page and the focus is at the start of the page not the error message.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Activity

          Hide
          Adrian Greeve added a comment -

          [Y] Syntax
          [*] Output
          [Y] Whitespace
          [Y] Language
          [-] Databases
          [N] Testing
          [-] Security
          [-] Documentation
          [Y] Git
          [Y] Sanity check

          You raised concerns about the use of the href tag and doubling up with the string, but I don't really see a way around that.

          I know that you are trying to keep the code the same as the rest of the the file, but I think that it would be okay to use html_writer for all of that if statement.

          id="errormsg" is a little generic. Perhaps it could be changed to something like 'loginerrormessage' just so in the future if other error messages are set up, there is no confusion.

          The screen reader I used did focus on the hidden text, but it did also list it as a link. I'm not sure how you would get around that not displaying.

          No testing instructions.

          I personally think that the patch is heading in the right direction. Thanks Rossie for having a look at this for me

          Show
          Adrian Greeve added a comment - [Y] Syntax [*] Output [Y] Whitespace [Y] Language [-] Databases [N] Testing [-] Security [-] Documentation [Y] Git [Y] Sanity check You raised concerns about the use of the href tag and doubling up with the string, but I don't really see a way around that. I know that you are trying to keep the code the same as the rest of the the file, but I think that it would be okay to use html_writer for all of that if statement. id="errormsg" is a little generic. Perhaps it could be changed to something like 'loginerrormessage' just so in the future if other error messages are set up, there is no confusion. The screen reader I used did focus on the hidden text, but it did also list it as a link. I'm not sure how you would get around that not displaying. No testing instructions. I personally think that the patch is heading in the right direction. Thanks Rossie for having a look at this for me
          Hide
          Rossiani Wijaya added a comment -

          Hi Adrian,

          Thank you for the feedback. I updated the patch according to your suggestions.

          Submitting for integration review.

          Show
          Rossiani Wijaya added a comment - Hi Adrian, Thank you for the feedback. I updated the patch according to your suggestions. Submitting for integration review.
          Hide
          Dan Poltawski added a comment -

          The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week.

          TIA and ciao

          Show
          Dan Poltawski added a comment - The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week. TIA and ciao
          Hide
          Sam Hemelryk added a comment -

          Thanks guys, this has been integrated now.

          Show
          Sam Hemelryk added a comment - Thanks guys, this has been integrated now.
          Hide
          Andrew Davis added a comment -

          Works as described. Passing.

          Show
          Andrew Davis added a comment - Works as described. Passing.
          Hide
          Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

          Surely you will be happy to know that your code is now part of Moodle upstream. Thanks, thanks!

          Closing as fixed, ciao

          Show
          Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - Surely you will be happy to know that your code is now part of Moodle upstream. Thanks, thanks! Closing as fixed, ciao

            People

            • Votes:
              1 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              6 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: