Affects Version/s: 2.1.8, 2.2.5, 2.3.2
Optional setting to use screenreader for chrome browser:
- install and enable ChromeVox extention on chrome.
- As admin, add login block on front page
- Purge all caches in Moodle
- On Front page, login as a non-existence user
On the next page, make sure the page focus is on 'invalid login' error message.ShowOptional setting to use screenreader for chrome browser: install and enable ChromeVox extention on chrome. Testing instructions: As admin, add login block on front page Purge all caches in Moodle Logout On Front page, login as a non-existence user On the next page, make sure the page focus is on 'invalid login' error message.
Affected Branches:MOODLE_21_STABLE, MOODLE_22_STABLE, MOODLE_23_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_23_STABLE, MOODLE_24_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull 2.4 Branch:
Pull 2.4 Diff URL:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
Error Identification - The error message that occurs when a user types in incorrect info in the login (actually prompts a new page)...and the focus is not placed on the error message. Leaving a screenreader user to have to hunt for what has just happened.
WCAG 2 3.3.1 (A) http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/minimize-error-identified.html
- Enter a user name in the login block
- Enter the wrong password for the username
- The user is taken to a new page and the focus is at the start of the page not the error message.