Affects Version/s: 2.3.3, 2.4
Fix Version/s: None
- Create a course
- Add file resources to the course - MP3 and JPEG
- Check the icon on the course page in firebug
- Ensure the ALT text contains the file type
Affected Branches:MOODLE_23_STABLE, MOODLE_24_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:wip-
Pull Master Diff URL:
Resource activity icons on the course page have an alt text set to resource, however the icon changes based on the type of file that has been uploaded to the resource. Because activity icons are used to convey meaning in the moodle course page the alt text for a resource should include the type of file that has been uploaded. This text shoudl convey the same meaning that a sited user gains by viewing the icon.
WCAG 2 1.1.1 (A) http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/text-equiv-all.html
- Navigate to a course page
- Create a file resource
- Upload a pdf
- Inspect the code around an activity icon and see that alt text does not reflect that a PDF has been uploaded.